If you’re using this toolkit, you’ve probably been tasked with creating a budget for your non-profit. Whether your non-profit is creating its very first budget, or you organization has been around for 15 years, a budget is an important component of the financial process, It sets the stage for your overall financial plan.
This toolkit is designed for a non-profit employee or volunteer with a beginner-level understanding of finances, and who has never created a budget before. As with any finance-related toolkit, we’ve made some assumptions and generalizations. We recommend consulting a qualified professional for additional guidance.
- Types of budgets
- Why you need an annual operating budget
- How to create a budget: Step by Step
- Monitoring your budget
- Absolute Must-Haves for a smooth budget process
- Can you afford to splurge?
- Need help?
- Budget Worksheet Template
- Budget Process Critical Path Template
- Cash Flow Projections Template