Have you been tasked with starting a direct mail program for your charity, but have no idea where to start? This toolkit’s for you! Direct marketing is a science and an art, and with a strategic investment and planning, it can become the backbone of a fundraising program.
This toolkit is designed for non-profit employees and volunteers who are new to direct mail fundraising. You might have some beginner experience with marketing, fundraising, or communications.
- What is direct mail?
- Acquisition and Cultivation
- Components of a direct mail appeal
- Getting started on your first direct mail appeal
- Tracking your appeal’s performance
- Advanced direct mail programs
- Working with consultants
- Direct Mail Tracking Template
- Direct Mail Appeal Critical Path Template
- Creative Brief Sample
- Fundraising Letter Sample
- Response Device Sample
- Outer Envelope Sample